Thursday, March 10, 2011

stirring some interest

A local blogger had asked a few weeks ago for an interview. after a few cancellations due to snow and other crap. I was finally able to meet with Sue for coffee. we talked for over an hour. and I did my best to explain the Leather Community as well as the BD/SM . Luckily I know some history, I like to share that also.
here's her blog   http://www.pghlesbian.com/blog/_archives/2011/3/8/4763925.html
me thinks it came out well.and i know that her blog does have a following. so the opportunity to educate folks on the Leather community was beneficial to the Tribe. to me the tribe is my Leather/bdsm/lgbtq/trans families, combined.
and I may also be involved with another medical panel. I have been asked by another venue, to speak.
I have, for the last 4 years, participated in a human sexuality workshop at Pitt Medical school.
Dr. Melanie Gold, holds for the second year med students, a panel of glbt folks.
we in turn, relate our stories of experience with the medical field. making the students aware of differences in people, and what they can expect to run into, and what we expect from them. In april I may be doing the same for another group.
this year, I took the opportunity to introduce the students to the Leather/bdsm lifestyles.
making them aware that while it is greatly important to rule out domestic abuse, sometimes those bruises are wanted. In some consensual relationships, no does mean yes, but the safe word ends all play.

I have also started putting together some outfits, gathering up all the leathers I own.
My brother, Boi Mikey, has started to condition the pieces for me. once again , I must say, that Boi does wonders for leather!
several folks have offered to let me borrow some pieces as well, for this poor girl doesn't own everything she wants. and i still need to buy/order a few things too.
things are slowly coming together, IMsL is only 5 weeks away. so many ideas going thru my mind, and i get so damn excited telling folks about it.
and the week after IMsL, I will be celebrating!
A personal win for me, for I will have 15 sober years. I quit drinking 4-24-96.
and hopefully,  I will be fortunate enough  to celebrate those years whilst wearing an International Ms. Leather sash.
and BTW, next friday I appear in court, for my legal name change.

No comments:

Post a Comment