Friday, January 28, 2011

On the eve

of the Ms. Pittsburgh Leather-fetish 2011 competition, was the meet and greet.
The competitors of the Ms. & Mr. contests were to mingle with the company that night, as well as the judges that were present. One was to be observed in a social setting and on how they managed their interpersonal skills. For myself this is cake, tho I prefer pie, as this is what I do all the time. I mingle and circulate on a regular basis, be it business or pleasure.
   Business, I am a professional Magician. My close-up magic involves a one on one relationship to other individuals or small groups. All ages, genders, backgrounds or perceived status. I have performed at elite country clubs, fit right in with the people there then did a second show at a motorcycle bar and have the folks there also adopt me as their own.
   Pleasure, I am a bullshitter, least that's what Dad calls me. Tho recently he apologized for calling me that.
He explained that he, in no way, meant it badly, as tho I was a liar. But he used the term to mean I talked a lot  and on many topics. No apology needed, I know I do. I love to learn new things, about people and the things they like.
So the evening went well. I didn't get to meet every judge, maybe I do talk to much, but they later told me they had watched me. Many traveled long distances to get to Pittsburgh, not only other states but one  from Toronto. I met some of the judge's partners. One i learned liked to brew his own beer as my partner has just started doing that as well. And of course that goes off on a tangent.
  The night went quickly. I met people, judges, fellow contestants and friends. Yes I think I now can call each one, friend.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment